The Prophets Reward
First Reading and Psalm: Genesis 22:1-14, Psalm 13
Second Reading: Romans 6:12-23
Gospel: Matthew 10:40-42
40 ‘Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41 Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. 42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.’
42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.’
WORSHIP: Shout to the Lord (Hillsong Worship)
1. Is there a “type of person” you will never welcome in your home? Explain.
2. Have you ever been ostracized by a family, community, group of people? How did it make you feel?
3. Do you believe that “what comes around goes around”? Why?
4. Name an example of when you received underserved Grace. How did it make you feel?
5. How do you know when consequence to an action is justly deserved or when you need to apply grace?
o Monday, June 29: Psalm 47; Genesis 22:15-18; 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12
o Tuesday, June 30: Psalm 47; 1 Kings 18:36-39; 1 John 4:1-6
o Wednesday, July 1: Psalm 47; Isaiah 51:1-3; Matthew 11:20-24
o Thursday, July 2: Psalm 45:10-17; Genesis 25:19-27; Romans 7:1-6
o Friday, July 3: Psalm 45:10-17; Genesis 27:1-17; Romans 7:7-20
o Saturday, July 4: Psalm 45:10-17; Genesis 27:18-29; Luke 10:21-24